Since its inception in 1910, ‘Sunbeam Products’ is a popular American company that has been producing electric home appliances. After Jarden acquired it in 2004, it is now owned by Jarden Consumer Solutions.
Sunbeam products provide excellent services to their customers which enable them to compete favorably in the market. They are responsible for supplying skybar products such as the Skybar WP0550 wine cooler.
With specialization in the supply of electric home appliances, Sunbeam provides a wide variety of products that fit their clients’ needs.
Key Features Of The Skybar WP0550
There are different wine coolers in the market today. If you decide to acquire one of them, ensure you select the one with the features that you want. This is because they vary drastically from storage capacity to efficiency in operation. Some of the features of the Skybar WP0550 are as follows;
- The wine cooler has a 15 temperature preset wine variety
- It has a patented vacuum technology to preserve open bottles of wine.
- It has a digital black-lit display
- It has an LED bottle lighting
- Has a soft touch dial control
- It has a metropolitan design with premium finishes
- Holds 750ml and 1.5 liter wine bottles only
- Has a manual temperature control system
How to install the Cooler
The skybar WP0550 wine cooler is beautifully built and stylish so that it can blend with your home. Though it holds one bottle of wine at a time, let’s say a Sauvignon Blanc or any other type of wine, its installation should be taken seriously.
- Considering its design and size, the wine cooler can be installed in any place of your choice in the house.
- When selecting a place for installation, take note of where you and your guests will be placed while sipping down the chilled red or white wine.
- Look for a place far away from direct sunlight which affects the chilling process of the wine.
- Also, try to avoid places with heat registers or radiators but look for a cool place in your home.
- Place the wine cooler closer to a power source with a 120V power outlet. Avoid using extensions.
- Select a flat and safe place to place your wine cooler
- Provide a space of 2-inches for the wine cooler and its surrounding.
How to use the Cooler
The Skybar WP0550 is easy to use when mastered well.
- The wine cooler has a pour and preserve button which you should use when taking your wine.
- The amber light illuminates on the preserve/pour button, this means that the chilling chamber is in a preservation mode.
- You only need to press on the preserve/unlock or pour button to enable the pour feature.
- When the bottle is ready to pour, a solid green indicator on the preserve/ pour button appears.
- Before you pour, ensure that the chamber is closed and it should remain closed when pouring the wine.
- Before you press the power button, make sure that you hold the glass under the pour spout.
- To pour wine, hold and press the pour button.
- After pouring wine, release the pour button and allow the last drop to flow in your glass before you pull away from the spout.
- After 30 minutes, the bottle of wine will automatically return to preservation mode.
How to preserve wine
If you’re a connoisseur, you definitely know how to store wine. For instance, from maintaining favorable temperatures to avoiding direct sunlight hit your wine storage area. Different wines oxidize at different rates. Therefore, after opening your wine, ensure that you take it in a spun of ten days as the preservation processes are not that effective.
Unlike other wine cooler control panels, the Skybar WP0550 control panel is easy to use. It has a single control knob where all settings of the wine cooler are adjusted from. When you rotate the control knob clockwise or anticlockwise, all the four settings will be displayed one-by-one. These settings include: view set temp, set by wine type, set by temp, and turn light or off.
Cleaning and Maintaining the Cooler
Every electric appliance should be well taken care of and maintained for durability and efficiency. To maintain the wines flavor and aroma, you need to keep your wine cooler clean always. The Skybar WP0550 can be cleaned and maintained as follow;
- Before you commence cleaning, ensure that the wine cooler is switched off.
- The exterior housing should be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Avoid using an abrasive cleaner or sponge when cleaning the exterior housing or the high polished cabinet exterior.
- The chilling chamber glass door should be cleaned using a household glass cleaner.
- These parts should be cleaned using a slightly damp cloth; the pour spout, control panel, chilling chamber and other buttons.
- The air filter, which is located at the back of the cooler, should be removed and rinsed with water, then left to air-dry before reinstalling it.
- The wine cooler has a 15 preset temperatures; this automatically allows the wine to chill to the required temperatures by selecting the type of wine you’re serving. It might be Pinot Noir at 55°F/13°C, Merlot 60°F/16°C or White Burgundy 45°F/7°C.
- The wine cooler has a preserve/pour button which makes it easier for you to enjoy your wine without the need of corking your bottle. All you need is a glass of wine and then press the pour button to fill your glass.
- After opening the wine, it tends to oxidize, thus losing its taste and flavor very fast. But with the patented vacuum technology that this wine cooler comes with, your wine will be preserved even after opening it.
- With its metropolitan design and premium finishes, the Skybar one wine system is beautiful and fits well in your home.
- The LED lights add fragrance and style to your home as they illuminate your favorite wine bottles.
- The unit can only accommodate standard sized bottles.
- Some users say that it is a bit noisy.
- Other users also complained about its price as being high due to its one bottle capacity.
The manufacturers of this wine cooler guarantees a one year limited warranty and a 90 day return period in case of any defect on their product.
Quality! Isn’t that what most people look for? A good number of people like this appliance because it offers explicit features that are ideal for wine storage.
The 15 preset temperatures, metropolitan design and the patented vacuum technology are some of the features that the users love most. Some users had a complaint about the unit being noisy but most of them are okay with this product.
This is why it has a four star rating on Amazon and more than 88 customer reviews. With all these amazing features for wine lovers, the Skybar WP0550 is a good product to have especially when entertaining your guests at home; just like many users have recommended it.
Getting a wine cooler that operates so efficiently and effectively like Skybar one wine system, is not that easy. The manufacturers of skybar have really narrowed down to simplifying a wine cooler that not only can be used for wine storage, but also doesn’t need you to cork the bottle as this is done by just pressing the pour button.
For those who love a particular brand of wine, this is the ideal thermoelectric wine cooler for you. The wine cooler might have a few shortcomings, but it’s worth having in your home for single bottle wine storage.
|Skybar WP0550 ONE 1-Chamber Wine Preservation System|
$267.01used from: $165.88
Go to Store