NewAir was a small manufacturer in 2002, but has now evolved into America’s premier manufacturer of home appliances for luxury and reliable goods. It has proved to be a very successful family business which offers their customers exactly what they need and want.
This company is reputed for providing a great collection of wine storage units regardless of budget, choice or style.
The AW-181E Space Saver 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler offers reliability, sophistication, and style.
Whether you are a connoisseur or a new wine collector, this NewAir AW-181E 18 bottle thermoelectric wine cooler is a convenient and easy way to store some of your favorite wine bottles. It can chill the wine at an optimal temperature and also keeps a good selection within your easy reach.
This wine refrigerator is made for wine enthusiasts and it has all the required amenities to prove this!! Its design can accent any bar, home, game room or dining room buffet handsomely. It features single zone cooling operation and is simple to stock and select any ideal temperature.
Then just sit back and enjoy your wine at its best without the hassle of maintaining separate coolers.
Key Features of the NewAir AW-181E
- Digital thermostat for temperature control is very accurate
- Heavy duty and tinted glass door protects from the UV rays
- User-friendly push button control and blue interior LED is there for optimal illumination
- Compact design and freestanding feature will require only 4″ clearance from all sides for convenient and easy placement
- Vibration free thermoelectric design which reduces sediment development
- Equipped with removable and sliding shelves which are good for custom storage
- It can store up to 18 wine bottles of your choice
- Designed for flattering any decor and manufactured from top-quality material
Installing your wine refrigerator
- Before you install your wine refrigerator, you need to remove all interior and exterior packing material. Then you need to ensure that it contains 5 slide-out stainless steel racks, instruction manual, door handle and two screws.
- The unit should be left to stand upright for at least 2 hours before it is connected to any power source. This way encase any handling problem did occur during transportation then it would not cause any malfunction.
- Before plugging in the unit, it is recommended to clean the interior once with warm water using a clean soft cloth.
- While installing your refrigerator, take care that you place it on a floor which is strong enough to handle all its weight. The levelling feet need to be levelled to make it perfect on a plain surface.
- The unit needs to be kept away from direct light of the sun or any other source of direct heat like radiator, heater, stove etc. Direct heat might increase the consumption of electricity by the device and also damage the acrylic coating of the unit.
- It can be placed in customized cabinets with a clearance space of 1” around all sides of the unit.
Operating your Wine Refrigerator
- The internal temperature of the NewAir AW-181E is not low enough to preserve food items, so it is recommended not to do so.
- The ambient temperature of the environment where the refrigerator is placed needs to be in the range of 77 to 80.6° F. The overall functioning of the cooling unit is affected if the ambient temperature is below or above the mentioned range. The set temperature for the interior might not be reached because of fluctuations when the outside temperature is at extremes.
- The display on temperature controls shows the temperature for the centre racks, the temperature for the upper and lower racks may be different. The fluctuation in temperature for all the racks depends on the interior lights, the wine bottles inside the refrigerator and the location of these bottles.
Setting the Temperature:
You can use up and down push buttons for setting any desired temperature, they increment the temperature by 1° F between 54 and 66° F range. The interior light of the refrigerator can be turned on or off simply when you press the provided “light” button.
Care and Maintenance
Cleaning the NewAir AW-181E:
- Before cleaning you will have to unplug the refrigerator and then remove all bottles of wine from inside.
- The inside of this unit should be cleaned with a baking soda and warm water solution, this solution should contain 1 quart water and two tablespoons of baking soda.
- The outside of this wine refrigerator should be cleaned with warm water and mild detergent solution. The water reservoir at the bottom of the refrigerator needs to be removed and rinsed with water regularly.
- As there is some difference in the size of each wine bottle, the number of bottles that can be stored in the cooler also varies.
- Proper storage temperature for all different categories of wine is mostly in the range 53°F to 57°F, it is applicable to both white and red wine according to the manufacturing company.
Moving Your Wine Refrigerator:
- All contents of the unit need to be removed and then you should tape down all the shelves in the refrigerator
- The 4 levelling legs should be screwed to the base of the unit properly so that any sort of damage can be avoided.
- You will also have to tape the door shut and ensure that this appliance is always is an upright position while transportation.
NewAir provides a warranty of 1 year from the original date of purchase; it does not include maintenance and regular repair.
- A very good capacity of 18 bottles
- The perfect black look of this unit is suitable for all types of modern or authentic home interiors.
- Compact size and can be built-in if required
- It comes with easy to use controls and other related features of high end wine coolers at a very affordable price.
- Provides dual temperature zone with a difference of +/-7 degrees of the centre racks from the lower and upper ones.
- It can only store standard Bordeaux size bottles, anything a little bigger in diameter leads to less bottle storage.
- The continuous noise of rotating fans
- The minimum possible temperature is not low enough for the sweeter red wines.
The NewAir AW-181E Space Saver 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler is available at a very affordable price on the Amazon site.
According to its users it is a good enough investment for use at home, the predominant black build of this unit can compliment almost any home surrounding or décor. However, according to some customers it is a little heavy for its size and capacity. This unit also has continuously rotating cooling fans which create a regular buzzing noise; the appliance according to some customers is very noisy and can be heard from a long distance.
Over half of the reviews were 5 stars with a solid overall 4 star rating, some stating that the fridge “looks great and runs well.”
NewAir Space Saver 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler is a good option to buy; it is cheap compared to its counter parts like Vinotemp. The same features are available at a much higher cost with other wine cooling companies.
This wine cooler may not be a suitable option for commercial use. However, it is a perfect wine cooler for residential use and can store up to 18 bottles for a very long time.
|NewAir AW-181E Space Saver 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler, Stainless Steel|
Too Low to Display
Go to Store
|NewAir STAINLESS 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler w/ Digital Thermostat|
Savor a glass of your favorite wine served at the perfect temperature with the NewAir AW-181E thermoelectric wine cooler. This top of the line unit,
Too Low to Displayused from: 116.10
Go to Store