The vision of Danby is to create inspired and brilliant appliances which are designed to fit into your life and every move.
An intuitive, thoughtful and classic design is always in season and its features will always keep your life easy and organised.
This Canada based company is more than 65 years old and specializes in making innovative products with maximum features, and which take up less space.
Now, it is a well known company throughout the whole North American continent. Their appliances look great and are built great too. They have a good problem solving team which is very easy to get in touch with via email or phone call.
The Maitre’D wine cooler by Danby is extremely energy efficient and very compact. It is designed to take less space in your bar or kitchen. This unit has an interior LED light to showcase its contents, it can store up to 6 wine bottles at one time.
The Danby DWC620PL-SC Maitre’D is a 6 Bottle Countertop Wine Cooler which is compact and also extremely energy efficient. It takes a minimum of possible space in a bar or kitchen. The interior has a LED light which can be turned on if you want to showcase the contents of the cooler.
The whole package contains a wine cooler manual, warranty, and the cooler itself of height 17.00 width 11.00 depth 22.00 and weight 27.00. Some of its features are:
- A convenient countertop designed to keep up to 6 bottles of wine chilled at once
- LED digital thermostat which can be set between 4°C and 22°C
- Interior light to display and showcase the wine
- Each chrome wire shelf is sculpted to cradle the wine bottle perfectly
- It has an all black cabinet which will suit any home décor
- Semi conductor technology is used for quiet operation
Installing the Danby DWC620PL-SC
- When you unpack the unit you will notice all the described features. It has electronic controls and display to regulate and view the temperature of the unit. There are 3 wine racks; each rack holds two bottles of wine. The appliance has 4 levelling legs and a ventilation spacer behind it which needs to be installed to ensure proper air circulation for the unit.
- This wine cooler has a tempered glass door which is tinted to protect from UV rays and allow an easy interior view. The seals on the door gasket are magnetic which retains humidity level and cooling power. The Ventilation Spacer and Levelling Legs will need to be installed by you only with the installation screws included inside the package with documentation.
- During installation you need to take care that this unit should be properly grounded. If there is any short circuit then grounding can reduce the risk of any electric shock as it provides an escape for the current.
- The power cord of the Danby DWC620PL-SC has a grounding wire along with a plug. This grounding plug needs to be plugged-in to a properly grounded power outlet.
- A qualified electrician should be consulted if you do not understand the grounding procedure or if you are not sure about the grounding at your home. The third prong or the ground wire should not be under any circumstances be removed or cut from the cord. If you have a 2 prong outlet get it replaced with a 3 prong power outlet.
- The unit should have its own exclusive wall power outlet without any other device connected to the same outlet or any power extension.
Operating the wine cooler
- There is power button to turn the unit on or off and a toggle switch which is for the lights, it is used for outside illumination control when the door is closed.
- There is a temperature display screen which shows the currently set temperature, it can be changed as described below.
Setting the temperature:
- When you power on your unit for its initial use, the default set temperature is shown which is 10°C or 50°F, it will be displayed in Celsius scale (°C) by default.
- The display can be switched between Celsius (°C) and Fahrenheit (°F) scales easily by pressing both the control buttons together for about 5 seconds.
- The maximum available temperature is 22°C (72°F) and the lowest is 4°C (39°F), it can be adjusted according to your requirements with the up and down arrow buttons. They change temperature by 1° increments within the given range.
Note: In case of an electric failure or interruptions, all the modified settings will be lost and the unit used default settings when the power resumes.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Some general precautions should be followed while cleaning this unit, reading the safety information and instructions are important.
- This wine cooler can only be used indoors and it should be used as the manual prescribes.
- The unit has a short cord to avoid any hassle or tripping and falling injury by the long cord. An extension should not be used either.
- The cooling appliance, cord or plug should not be immersed in water.
- It is not recommended to use this unit if the plug or power cord is damaged, the unit has been dropped or damaged and is not functioning properly.
- The power cord should not be spliced and an exclusive power wall outlet should be used without any extension or any other device plugged into the same outlet. The unit should be unplugged from the socket when it is not in use.
- Accessories which do not come with device should not be used and no opening on the appliance should be covered or blocked.
- Store sealed wine bottles only and do not keep perishable food such as dairy products, meat etc. in your Danby wine cooler. Use a soft clean cloth to wipe clean the appliance. Any strong detergent or chemical should not be used.
There is 12 month coverage on parts and labour, yearly cleaning (maintenance) and/or installation are not under this warranty.
- Very economical and good option for short term wine storage.
- The small size makes it easy to be placed anywhere without taking up much space.
- Simple installation and easy to use controls.
- Considerable difference of temperature in the upper and lower rack.
- Excessive vibration and loud noise can be a problem
This Danby DWC620PL-SC 6 bottle wine cooler is sold by Amazon at a very low price.
It is one the least expensive wine cooling options available in the market today, which could account for its popularity among many customers. Users are happy with the compact size and good noise free functioning.
Some customers complain that the humidity level inside the Danby DWC620PL-SC is too low and even placing some water inside does not help.
Overall, 34% of the reviewers on Amazon gave it a 5 star rating, with 24% giving it 4 stars.
The Danby DWC620PL-SC is a good value purchase if you want to store a few bottles which you will be consuming soon. However, it is not a good option if you want to store wine for a year or more.
It takes up very little space and its style and finishing colour make it a suitable option for almost any type of home decor.
|Danby DWC620PL-SC 6 Bottle Wine Cooler - Platinum|
The Danby DWC620PL-SC Maitre'D 6 Bottle Countertop Wine Cooler, in Platinim, is not only compact but extremely energy efficient. Designed to take up
Too Low to Display
Go to Store
|Danby DWC620PL-SC Maitre'D - 6 Bottle Wine Cooler - Platinum (Certified Refurbished)|
The Danby DWC620PL-SC Maitre�D 6 Bottle Countertop Wine Cooler, in platinum, is not only compact but extremely energy efficient. Designed to take
Too Low to Display
Go to Store
|6 Bottle Wine Cooler in Platinum|
Danby introduces their new MaitreD line of innovative wine coolers that incorporate cutting-edge semiconductor technology With no compressors these
Too Low to Display
Go to Store
|Danby Products DWC620PL-SC 6 Bottle Wine Chiller|
Features. The maitred wine cooler is not only compact but extremely energy efficient.. Designed to take up a minimum of space in the kitchen or bar.
Go to Store