EdgeStar is a leading company in the field of manufacturing daily use home appliances which make your life more comfortable.
The company specializes in European style portable and functional appliances suitable for this busy world. Everyone, it seems, is seeking appliances which take up less space and provide maximum functionality.
This EdgeStar wine refrigerator is designed in such a way that it could be built-in with customization or can be used for free-standing use as it is. Proper service access and adequate ventilation must be kept in mind in both cases.
This wine refrigerator has a French door layout with available locks on each door; both doors have stainless steel handles.
It’s a stylish wine storage appliance with a capacity of maximum 36 bottles of 750 ml. There are 10 full depth and 2 partial depth stainless steel-trimmed wooden shelves which are removable.
Key Features of the 36 Bottle EdgeStar Wine Refrigerator
The wine refrigerator should be placed on a floor which is strong enough to support the total weight of the unit, keeping in mind that it will weigh substantially more when fully loaded than when empty.
- Freestanding or under counter application
- 36 bottle capacity with interior lighting
- Dual temperature zones
- Digital temperature control with blue LED displays
- Dimensions: 34 1/8″ H x 23 1/2″ W x 24 3/8″ D
Installing the EdgeStar refrigerator
This French door wine refrigerator needs to be installed according to the requirements of local electricity code. Before installation:
- Make sure that the location of the appliance has an ambient temperature between 50 and 95°F, this is important because the appliance might not work properly outside this range of temperature.
- The oils in the compressor need to settle, so before you plug-in the refrigerator ensure that it stands upright for 24 hours at least.
The installation could be either free standing or customized, keeping in mind adequate ventilation for proper functioning.
- The refrigerator is heavy so it will require two or more people for moving and installing the appliance. For removing the packaging, glue or tape from the refrigerator avoid using abrasive cleaners, sharp instruments, flammable fluids, or rubbing alcohol.
- It is advised that while unpacking you should not remove any warning, safety or informative product labels from your refrigerator.
- For free standing installation the appliance can be placed almost anywhere on a level floor. The standard electrical instructions of 115 VAC electricity supply should be followed and according to the local ordinances and codes the electric supply should be properly grounded.
- The recessed or built-in installation allows the installation of this refrigerator in any kitchen cabinet or under any counter, but it should be kept in mind that a certain clearance space is required
- This unit cannot under any circumstances be installed behind any closed cabinet door as it disrupts proper ventilation.
Important: The carbon filter of the refrigerator needs to be replaced every 3 to 6 months, the time interval depends on the exposure of the unit level to odour. If this appliance is located in the kitchen then 3 months regular replacement is ideal.
Using the Temperature Control Panel:
This unit has a minimum of 40°F and maximum 65°F temperature for both the zones. The temperature is displayed on top of the unit in blue LED; it can be in Celsius or Fahrenheit. There is a left and right button dedicated to the left and right zone. The left is used to adjust the temperature on the left zone and the right button for the right hand side zone. There are two temperature displays, one for each zone.
To set the temperature for any of the selected zone, press the control panel button and adjust the temperature. The button scrolls the temperature by one degree increment at one time, stop pressing the button when you reach the required temperature.
Note: While you press the button, the temperature descends and then jumps to the highest temperature value, this is normal. About 5 seconds later, the temperature set by you will revert back to current temperature.
You need to wait at least 24 hours for the temperature to set before you put the wine bottles in the unit. There is an on-off button for the interior light. There is a Run Light which stays illuminated as long as the appliance is cooling. To turn the unit on or off you will have to press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds.
The Fahrenheit or Celsius light is going to be illuminated depending on which temperature scale is displayed at that time. To switch between F and C, press and hold both the buttons for about 5 seconds at the same time until the unit of temperature changes.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Proper maintenance and periodic cleaning can most certainly ensure good performance, efficiency and long life.
- Exterior Cleaning
The cabinet and door should be cleaned using a lukewarm water and mild detergent solution for instance 1 quart of water with two tablespoons of baking soda.
Abrasive or solvent based cleaners should not be used. Use a soft cloth or sponge and rinse out with plain water. Wipe using a clean soft towel to avoid water spotting. The stainless steel door panel might get discoloured due to moisture or chlorine gas exposure.
- Interior Cleaning
The interior of the wine refrigerator should be cleaned on regular basis. Unplug the appliance, open the doors and remove all the contents and shelves.
After sometime when the unit completely defrosts, wipe down the interior with a clean soft cloth. Now you can insert the shelves, the contents of the refrigerator and plug-in the appliance.
According to the official website of this product there is a warranty of 1 year on parts and labour.
- Two different zones of temperatures allow you to store white and red wines at different temperature.
- Freestanding or custom built-in capability
- The tinted door glass protects the contents from UV and other harmful rays.
- Easy to use digital temperature controls
- Some users complaint about noisy operation due to the compressor in the cooling system
- Needs frequent carbon filter check and other related service
The 36 Bottle EdgeStar Built-In Dual-Zone French-Door Wine Refrigerator is available at a very affordable price on Amazon with free shipping.
The overall response is positive as compared to other wine refrigerators in this price range. If you need a dual zone refrigerator with built-in or freestanding operation, this is the best available option. It is a very good looking appliance which can blend in with any type of home or commercial interior.
You can place 3 bottles in each rack, but they have to be of the same size and shape. If the shoulders of the bottles are different in shape then only two bottles can be placed.
This is a very good option for custom built home decor setting as it looks good and blends in with all types of surroundings. The price is also suitable and affordable. If you keep up with regular service and maintenance you probably will not be having any issues with this appliance.
The powerful cooling compressor system is a bit noisy to some, and there is added cost of periodic carbon filter change. But, the good price and good looks kind of over shadows the cons of this wine refrigerator.
|EdgeStar 24 Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler with French Doors|
No need to choose between a beverage refrigerator or a wine cooler, with the EdgeStar 24 Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler with French Doors
Too Low to Display
Go to Store
|EdgeStar 24 Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler|
No need to choose between a beverage refrigerator or a wine cooler, with the EdgeStar 24 Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler ( CWB8420DZ) you get
Go to Store
|36-Bottle EdgeStar Built-In Dual-Zone French-Door Wine Refrigerator|
36-Bottle EdgeStar Built-In Dual-Zone French-Door Wine Refrigerator. The EdgeStar 36 Bottle Built-In Dual Zone French Door Wine Cooler is like having
Go to Store